, , , ,

Hey Mama

7:30 AM

It took me too long to realize just how cool my mom is. Sorry, Mom! I knew for sure she was cool the other day when I was checking out the pillows on Jonathan Adler's website and some of the patterns looked strangely familiar...


My mom made these pillows and the bench cushion when she and my dad lived on the East Coast for the Navy in the late 60's/early 70's.


The pillows and bench are needlepointed in a Bargello style motif. What was very cool back then is cool once again.

Look familiar? The bottom right pillow in the Chevron pattern is the same one my mom used to cover her bench (except for the colors, of course!). Oh, Mom... You're so cool.


Jonathan Adler pillows, clockwise from top left: Bargello Waves Pillow in Multi, 16x16, $125; Bargello Puzzle Pillow, 22x22, $175; Bargello Chevron Pillow, 22x22, $175; Bargello Kaleidoscope Pillow, 12x12, $95.

You Might Also Like

0 comments