, , , ,

Modern Tree House

12:37 AM


This tree house inspired home was designed by KAA Design Group (via Decordir).  This is a great example of modern design that feels very warm and livable.  The combination of wood, concrete, and glass enhances the natural aesthetic.

 A study area that opens up to the outside.  Sign me up for that!

 I like the little wine storage that is to the left of the stove.  The bar height counter provides a great alternative to a traditional dining table.

 Frosted glass serves a dual purpose.  It allows for natural light, yet cools the home during the afternoon sun.

 Skylights...love it if you afford it.

 How would you like a master bathroom with a sliding glass door that opens up to a gorgeous, private patio space?

 An outdoor fire pit under a covered canopy.  There are definite reasons to be jealous of the Southern California weather.

  With the location being in the highly desired, tree section of Manhattan Beach, the accordion glass doors helps with the outdoor, beach house vibe.

 
 I feel at peace with the sunlight slightly piercing through the greenery.
 
 Just for fun, I saw the next few photos on the KAA Design Group website.  I like the multi-tiered coffee table.

 The punch of butter yellow reminds me of my brother's "vacation" home.  I love crisp, white tailored sofas.

That's a cool, sushi restaurant design.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Beachdecorshop say...

    This is really interesting take on the concept. I never thought of it that way. I came across this site recently which I think will be of great use http://beachdecorshop.blogspot.com/ . Have a look!

    ReplyDelete