, , ,

Getting Dress-ed

7:28 AM

I'm obsessed with finding cute dresses right now. (Oddly, I wasn't obsessed with it at the beginning of the summer, which is prime dress season!) There's the "Throw-it-on-and-go" appeal, and also the "Looking-dressy-with-little-effort" aspect. My main qualifications are as follows: 1. It must be comfortable 2. It must look dressier than it is 3. It must have sleeves because with the A/C on full blast everywhere you go, it can get a bit chilly here. Here are my finds for every occasion:
For shopping in the Heights: This dress is the perfect mixture of boho and polish. Silk Paisley Dress in True Navy, $98 @ Banana Republic.
For a fancy dinner (or for one of the thousand weddings coming up!): J. Crew has the BEST chic cocktail dresses for good prices. I bought a black strapless number a few years ago and it has served me well, but I keep ogling this adorable wrap dress. Fun fact: I let my bridesmaids pick out their own J. Crew dresses for my wedding and big sis was thisclose to getting this one, but, alas, when she went to order it, they didn't have her size in stock! Boo. Okay, that was a lot of commentary for one dress, but, what can I say? I really like it. Silk Taffeta Ruffle Wrap Dress in Light Pewter, $175 @ J. Crew.


For days when I'm feeling particularly High-Fashion-y: I love mixing prints on dresses. It makes me look creative, even if I'm not. Orpheous Dress in Orange Multi, $1,395 by Duro Olowu @ Barneys Co-op.


For work: Simple is always practical for work and the sash flatters waists. Button Duo Dress in Blue, $168 @ Anthropologie.


For a party! Dare I say, this is my favorite? For one, it looks incredibly comfortable and universally flattering. Also, the chain detail is awesomely tough because I'm a closeted biker chick. Bowery Dress in Shadow, $595 by Catherine Malandrino @ ShopBop.

You Might Also Like

0 comments