, , , ,

Confessions of Shopaholics

12:28 PM

Isn't Spring the cliche time to get something new and great? I suppose it goes back to getting a fancy new Easter dress as a kid, but I always get shopping pangs around this time of year. The weather is warming up, it's nice to go outside to get to the shops, and the shock of holiday spending has faded from memory. With that in mind, I asked some of my very stylish friends one simple question:

If you could splurge on one thing this month, what would you get?

I didn't place any limits on them. Anything, any price, anywhere. Here's what they said...

My friend Stephanie is finishing up her last year in college, so her desire to splurge on a beach vacation makes perfect sense. Finally, a chance to relax without a textbook in sight!



Marian is the lady with the shoes (or Choos, really). So I was actually surprised when she said she wanted a brightly colored handbag for Spring! Of course, when you're talking about Valentino, I would forget about shoes, too.


My very stylish interior designer friend, Kelley, just bought a home in the Heights. Needless to say, she's in a decorating frenzy, but the one thing she wants more than anything is artwork a la this print from 20x200.


Perhaps the most extravegant request came from my boss, Jeff. His major splurge? A drum set. Well, Jeff, I hope your neighbors are heavy sleepers.


If you want shopping advice, you go to Cynthia. She has impeccable style (and she's an amazing artist. I have a mini-gallery of her work in my apartment). She was very specific about what she wanted: A pair of tough heels to rock out all of her flirty skirts.


I suppose a lot of my friends love shoes. I lived in New York with a shoe-aholic named Allyson. Everytime she came home with a new pair of shoes, I would literally drool. I wasn't surprised to hear she wanted a new pair of Manolo Blahniks for Spring.




My friend Amber is also on a decorating binge, but she's looking for a very specific coffee table. She wanted something "solid and thick with a natural look, nicks and all". I'd say the Beam Coffee Table fits the bill.


My coworker friend, Jennifer, is dying to redo her kitchen. She picked this one from Domino as her inspiration because she liked the combination of open shelving and closed cabinets.



I couldn't forget to put in my two cents. I'm lusting after the Dulce Sequin Skirt from J. Crew. Paired with a slouchy t-shirt and some leather flip-flops, it's the perfect summer night out outfit!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I do like those shoes! Sorry Sarah, I was so busy preparing for my upcoming show, I didn't get to send you a shoe image... but I will definitely take those! size 7.5 please. haha

    ReplyDelete