, , ,

Brilliant Book of the Week:

5:00 PM

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted---again! I have found an awesome sustainable living book for you though so I hope that makes up for my tardiness. I'm sure almost everyone is green-ed out by now but it's not a fad that will go away anytime soon. So basically we all have to suck it up and take it. :) Now, this book that I chose happens to have fantastic additions to help any home become more earth friendly. The second I read the first few pages I knew this was a book I had to buy and pass onto my fellow blog readers.


Check it out!


"New Sustainable Homes: Designs for Healthy Living," by James Grayson Trulove.


Take into consideration that this is not a how-to book; it mainly summarizes a few locations that are fully eco hugging homes. Geothermal heating and cooling systems (using heat from underground), clerestory windows (allowing daylighting to occur which cuts down on your electricity bill), triple-glazed windows (meaning three panes of glass seperated by heat absorbing gas), or a storm water retention system (used for irrigation, water reuse for the toilets, and potentially preventing flooding) are only a few of the items this fabulous book mentions. If you like to keep books on hand for random reference or if you really need ideas for your own home, I vote this book in. Hardcore.


Happy Reading!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments