,

The HF List: High Point 2008: Best of Dining

5:13 PM

I'm on a mission. In college, I bought a table and four chairs from Ikea for $129. It served its purpose and now it is falling apart. Literally. So, I took a particular interest in seeing what kind of dining finds our owners bought for the store. And so, I give you, Best of Dining from High Point, NC. In the illustrious words of Fergie, "Check it out!"




I love the cute winged shape of this dining chair. I'd put a cute striped fabric on it and pair it with a subdued, dark finished table. Now that's what I call fine dining.




The main reason I love this table? It reminds me of Gumby. I would love this for a kitchen table. That finish is also one of my favorites. The light toffee color shows off the striations in the BambooTimbre wood. Another excellent choice!



You don't see a finish quite like this one every day. It's deep and warm with a slightly burgundy tone to it. The striated top is an interesting addition to an otherwise plain table. A little bit rustic, but a little bit modern.


If you're in shabby chic mode, try this two tone table and chair set on for size. Beige and grey laquer give this set a warm, lived in look. Wicker on the back of the chairs seals the deal. Put this one in your beach house!


This has to be one of the funkiest tables I've ever seen. How do you make a round table for four large enough for eight? They answered it. Create leaves to fit around the edge of the table. Great for those of you (and me) doing double duty with your living room. I don't need a huge table for one or two people most nights, but I'd still like to be able to invite people over for dinner once in a while!


Tomorrow's Preview: Best of the Sofas!

You Might Also Like

0 comments